Recons Group is leading channel partner of JSW - GGBS. We, at Recons Group, supply the raw material to various RMC Mega Infrastructure Projects and Builders.
Although normally designated as GGBS, it can also be referred to as Slag Cement. Being a by-product and waste using it effectively up to some extent serves as a step for a greener environment.
GGBS is used to make durable concrete structures in combination with ordinary Portland cement and/or other pozzolanic materials. GGBS has been widely used in Europe, and increasingly in the United States and in Asia (particularly in japan and Singapore) for its superiority in concrete durability, extending the lifespan of buildings from fifty years to a hundred years.
Two major uses of GGBS are in the production of quality-improved slag cement, namely Portland Blast furnace cement (PBFC) and high-slag blast-furnace cement (HSBFC), with GGBS content ranging typically from 30 to 70% and in the production of ready-mixed or site-batched durable concrete.
Concrete made with GGBS cement sets more slowly than concrete made with ordinary Portland cement, depending on the amount of GGBS in the cementitious material, but also continues to gain strength over a longer period in production conditions. This results in lower heat of hydration and lower temperature rises, and makes avoiding cold joints easier, but may also affect construction schedules where the quick settings is required.
Uses of JSW GGBS
- Better workability, making placing and compaction easier
- Lower early age temperature rise, reducing the risk of thermal cracking in large pores
- Elimination of the risk of damaging internal reactions such as ASR
- High resistance to chloride ingress, reducing the risk of reinforcement corrosion
- High resistance to attack by sulphate and other chemicals
- Considerable sustainability benefits